Availability: Currently Unavailable - Click the Availability Alert to enter your name and email address. We will notify you when this item is available to order.
* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others.
Carefully selected by Iain Farrington, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 4 pianist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
a diverse collection of pieces, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
brand new sight-reading and improvisation activities
newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Iain Farrington has an exceptionally busy and diverse career as a pianist, organist, composer and arranger. He has performed across the world, notably at the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics, and has worked with many leading musicians, including Bryn Terfel and Sir Paul McCartney. As a composer, Iain’s music has been performed, recorded and broadcast worldwide, and his wide-ranging catalogue of arrangements receives regular international performances.
- A. Benjamin: Soldiers In The Distance from "Fantasies for Piano"
- W. Byrd: La Volta
- B. Bartok: Teasing Song from "For Children"
- C. Gardel: Por unda Cabeza
- P.M. Davies: Calm Walter from "Stevie's Ferry To Hoy"
- J. Fucik: Entrance Of The Gladiators
- H. Purcell: Round O
- S. Prokofieff: Marche from "Musiques d'Enfants"
- C. Norton: Early Evening
- A. Khachaturian: Scherzo from "Pictures of Childhood"
- D. Ellington: Rude Interlude
- D. Kabalevsky: Sonatina from "Thirty Pieces for Children"
- S. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2
- I. Farrington: Stepping Stones
- D. Shostakovich: Clock-Work Doll from "Six Children's Pieces"
- K.J. Alford: Colonel Bogey March
All ordering and fulfilment at the Trinity College London Shop has been temporarily suspended from 26 March 2020. This decision was taken to protect the health of warehouse staff and the wider community and support global efforts to limit the spread of infection.
We are grateful to our customers for their understanding and encouragement relating to this decision. We will resume normal trading as soon as possible.